Call for pre-congress workshops
Pre-congress workshops are full- or half-day seminars offered prior to the formal commencement of the congress (SIETAR Europa Congress officially starts on May 22nd 2017, pre-Congress workshops will take place 22-24 May 2017). Pre-congress workshops typically include new methodologies and tools for the intercultural field shared in a participatory and interactive format.
Please note, these workshops are NOT included in the SIETAR Europa Congress fees. Participants register and pay for these workshops separately and in addition to the main congress. Any financial profit from these workshops is to be shared between SIETAR Europa and the presenter (after deduction of space and equipment cost) on a 50/50 basis.
SIETAR Europa will support the advertisement of your workshop as part of our congress. However, the main responsibility for coordinating the advertisement will fall on the applicants.
For the first time we are going to organise a virtual meeting to give you an overview of the pre-congress workshops and help you decide which ones you would like to follow. More details will be posted in the next few months.
The deadline to receive submissions is: 15 November 2016 at 23.59 - The deadline has passed and no more submissions will be accepted
Notice of acceptance will be given by 15 December 2016
Each proposal must consist of a single PDF document written in English, not longer than four pages, which contains the following information:
- The title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying its goals and motivation.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
- A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest, the workshop audience, as well as the expected number of participants.
- A brief description (draft outline) of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix of events and activities such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, hacking sessions, or general discussion slots, and an approximate timeline.
- An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day or full-day event.
- An indication of whether the workshop provides any certificate and provide details of the certificate.
- Related workshops and conferences, i.e. specify if this is the continuation of a workshop series or is a new workshop to address an emerging issue. Please provide information about past versions of this workshop and other related workshops (including URLs and submission / acceptance counts, if available).
- Names and contact information of the workshop organizers/chair(s) (name, affiliation, email address, homepage and short (one paragraph) biography of each chair, explaining the chair's expertise for the workshop including past experience in organizing / facilitating workshops). Preferably provide a single contact person per submission
We look forward to hearing from you with your innovative and high energy training ideas.