ARTICLE 1 – NAME
A society by the name of SIETAR Europa is established as a non-profit non-governmental, international organisation in Europe. It is affiliated to the global network of SIETAR Organisations around the world.
ARTICLE 2 – SEAT SIETAR
Europa, from here on called "The Society", has its seat in Haarlem as a “Vereniging met volledige rechtsbevoegdheid” (a society with complete jurisdiction). The office can be located anywhere in Europe. The Board of Directors decides on the location of the SIETAR Europa office.
ARTICLE 3 – LOGO
The symbol for the society is the logo. The society holds the copyright on the logo and reserves all rights concerning its use.
ARTICLE 4 – PURPOSE AND VALUES
The society promotes the ideas of intercultural understanding in Europe, serves as a forum for exchange among national SIETAR organisations and supports the establishment and development of national SIETAR organisations. The Society subscribes to the mission of the global network of SIETAR organisations around the world and pursues the following goals:
- To enhance the awareness of intercultural issues in policy-making, business and education
- To contribute to the solution of societal problems by facilitating communication between peoples of different cultures,
- To provide multi-disciplinary, professional expertise in intercultural issues in practice and research by establishing a network of intercultural specialists,
- To contribute to the development of standards for intercultural work,
- To support publications, personal and professional exchanges, research, projects as well as regional, national and international conferences and other events.
Click here to read the complete Statutes and Guidelines of SIETAR Europa (last updated on 1st September 2012)
Click here to read the new version of Art. 8 concerning the election of Direct Member Representatives to the Board (approved by the SEU Board on 10th August 2015)