DISCOVER – LEARN – SHARE: The Events & Membership Committee, as well as all the SIETAR Europa board, are happy to announce SIETAR EUROPA’s Webinar Events Calendar for 2017. The webinars program has been planned thanks to the availability of presenters and the number of proposals we received. This year our webinars met with much success and we hope that even more of you will attend in 2017.
The Events & Membership Committee organised 8 webinars with speakers from many different countries; more than 200 participants attended the webinars – thank you very much! And in 2017 we hope that even more of you will attend.
Recordings of our webinars can found on our SIETAR Europa YouTube Channel here! We are constantly uploading past webinars as well! We also have a Global SIETAR Events calendar, don´t miss checking it out here!
The calendar for 2017 presents a wide range of themes from a truly international panel of presenters.
The SIETAR Europa 2017 webinar program is as follows:
- January 10th 2017, Tuesday, at 10.00 – 11.00 (CET)
Speaker: Hakan Balci
Topic: “Support for Integration of Refugees in Germany / Europe as Trainer or Coacher”
- February 2nd 2017, Thursday, at 13.00 – 14.00 (CET)
Speaker: Roberta Raffaelli and Jimena Andino-Dorato
Topic: “Intercultural Coaching: a self-developmental tool to help expatriates enhance intercultural intelligence”
- March 8th 2017, Wednesday, at 12.00 – 13.00 (CET)
Speaker: Bastian Küntzel
Topic: “The future of work is human: organic, complex and always in transition”
- April 24th 2017, Monday, at 15.00 – 16.00 (CET)
Speaker: Fiona Citkin
Topic: “Expatriates, Immigrants, and Refugees: Women’s Perspective”
Click on the icon on the right to download the slides used during the webinar:
- June 2nd 2017, Friday, at 10.00 – 11.00 (CET)
Speaker: François Brossard
Topic: “Value and Knowledge Education (VaKE): Using dilemmas for intercultural competence development”
- July 4th 2017, Tuesday, at 16.00 – 17.00 (CET)
Speaker: Edmée Schalkx
Topic: “What kind of leaders are TCK (3rd Culture Kids)?”
Click here to register for the webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the webinar.
- September 20th 2017, Wednesday, at 18.00 – 19.00 (CET)
Speakers: Shannon Murphy Robinson and Mary E. Casey
Topic: “Is Self-Awareness a Skill That Can Be Developed?”
- October 12th 2017, Thursday, at 16.00 – 17.00 (CET)
Speaker: Steven E. Wallis
Topic: “Hidden Logics: New Templates for Intercultural Understanding?”
- November 7th 2017, Tuesday, at 19.00 – 20.00 (CET)
Speaker: Marcelo Baudino
Topic: “Why Latin America is still stacked in reverse ethnocentrism”
- December 8th 2017, Friday, at 19.00 – 20.00 (CET)
Speaker: Denis Niedringhaus
Topic: “Using Chinese, Japanese and French TV adverts in intercultural trainings”
Don´t miss this learning opportunity and schedule our webinars: DISCOVER – LEARN – SHARE!
Wishing you an inspiring learning opportunity with SIETAR Europa webinars 2017!
The Events & Membership Committee
Maura Di Mauro (SIETAR Italy)
Saskia Lackner (SIETAR Austria)
Linda Vignac (SIETAR France)
Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (SIETAR Austria)
Agnieszka Kotucz (SIETAR Polska)
Pascale Sztum (SIETAR Europa)
This was the 2016 SIETAR Europa webinar programme:
- January 18th 2016, Monday, at 20.00 – 21.00 pm (CET)
Speaker: Anne Fox
Topic: “Culturally responsive training: Why and how?”
- February 4th 2016, Thursday, at 18.00 – 19.00 pm (CET)
Speaker: Cristina Volpi
Topic: “Art masterpieces as metaphors for intercultural training”
- March 9th 2016, Wednesday, at 19.00 – 20.00 pm (CET)
Speaker: Sylvie Tournier
Topic: “Geopolitics China: Quietly moving its pawns on the international chessboard”
- April 21st 2016, Thursday, at 16.00 – 17.00 pm (CET)
Speaker: Lothar Katz
Topic: “Cultural Dimensions – What Are They Good For, Anyway?”
- June 27th 2016, Monday, at 17.00 – 18.00 pm (CET)
Speaker: Fredrik Fogelberg
Topic: “Leading global remote teams”
Click on the icon on the right to download an article by Fredrik Fogelberg on Virtual teams:
- July, 21st 2016, Thursday, at 10.00 – 11.00 am (CET)
Speaker: Mai Lam NGUYEN-CONAN
Topic: “Le nouveau Français” identity evolution of the French representation in marketing and communication” - CANCELLED
- September, 13th 2016, Tuesday at 15.00 – 16.00 pm (CET)
Speaker: Dr. Olga Kovbasyuk
Topic: “How to do business with Russians”
- November, 22nd 2016, Tuesday at 17.00 – 18.00 pm (CET)
Speaker: Dr. George Simons
Topic: “Digesting paradigm shifts in intercultural thought & practice”
This was the 2015 SIETAR Europa webinar programme:
• Monday, February 16th and Wednesday, February 18th 2015 at 19.00 – 20.30 (CET)
Yvonne van der Pol: “Tacit knowledge, culture and informal learning"
• Monday, March 16th 2015 at 19.00 – 20.00 (CET)
Anja Gnaedig: “Sales Skills for the Intercultural Trainer"
• Wednesday, April 8th 2015 at 18.00 – 19.00 (CET)
Ruth Trojan: “Lost and Found in connection: challenges and opportunities of virtual teams”
You can download the slides used during the webinar by clicking here:
• Tuesday, May 12th 2015 at 19.00 – 20.00 (CET)
Matthew Hill: “Negotiating Across Cultures. The 7 most costly mistakes companies make”
You can watch a recording of the webinar (due to technical issues the video appears only towards the end, but the audio is complete) by clicking here
• Monday, June 15th 2015 at 18.00 – 19.30 (CET)
Steffi Bärmann: “Home is where … International Career Coaching"
• Thursday, July 16th 2015 at 15.00 – 16.00 (CET)
Sven Dinklage: “The FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil – An intercultural perspective"
You can download the materials here and here.
• Monday, September 21st 2015 at 21.00 – 22.00 (CET)
Maura Di Mauro: “The X-Y integration - why and how for the success of the company strategies and results"
• Monday, October 5th 2015 at 18.00 – 19.00 (CET)
Barbara Gibson: “Turning Failure into Competence: The Role of Response-to-Failure Patterns"
This was the 2014 SIETAR Europa webinar programme:
• 10th April: 3.00 – 4.30 pm (CET)
“Do Italians still exist?”
By Roberto Ruffino
• 6th May: 6.00 – 7.00 pm (CET)
“How culture affects the stages of negotiation”
By George Simons
• 3rd June: 7.00 – 8.30 pm (CET) (1st session)
• 9th June: 7.00 – 8.30 pm (CET) (2nd session)
“Intercultural Effectiveness = Connect x Perform x Enjoy”
By Ursula Brinkmann, Juanita Wijnands and Yvonne van der Pol
• 26th June: 7.00 – 8.30 pm (CET)
Livingstone Thompson: “Religion and economic success”
• 10th September: 6.00 pm – 7.00 pm (CET)
Rudi Camerer and Judith Mader: “Language: Source of all misunderstanding”
Click on the link below to watch a recording of the webinar:
• 26th November: 8.00 – 9.00 pm (CET)
By David Trickey
“The X-factor- why successful corporate expats need to be magically in two places at the same time (and how to do it)”
The Events & Membership Commitee, as well all the SIETAR Europa board, is thankful to Matthew Hill and his Intercultural Training Channel for the technical support and coordination that he is offering free of charge to SIETAR Europa.
Have a look at these other recordings of SIETAR webinars
Coaching Across Cultures with Philippe Rosinski
New Software of the Mind 2010 Edition with Geert Hofstede
Setting up a Cross-cultural Training Program with Barry Tomalin
Cultural Factors in International Business with Richard Lewis
Resistance Is a Bowl of Cherries with George Simons