To launch SIETAR Europa’s new rolling online platform we are looking for
to be part of the editorial team.
About SIETAR Europa and the new online platform
SIETAR EUROPA is Europe’s largest association of interculturalists and part of the worldwide SIETAR network. SIETAR‘s purpose is to encourage the development and application of knowledge, values and skills which enable effective intercultural and interethnic relations at individual, group, organisation and community levels.
THE NEW ONLINE PLATFORM is a rolling platform produced by the SIETAR Europa community. Replacing the popular SIETAR Europa Journal and taking its work further, it will be an audience-driven online platform for exchanging intercultural experiences, ideas, and research among the SIETAR community and beyond. It aims at promoting an exchange of ideas among the interculturally curious.
The content on the platform will be organized in a blog format including blog entries, longer articles, interviews, video material and more.
Your tasks as Content Editor
- Creating regular content for the new platform, for instance blog entries, articles, interviews, book reviews, event summaries and other – depending on your interest and skills
- Forming part of the editorial committee:
- Identification of topics of interest and contributors to the platform
- Checking incoming content from the SIETAR community for quality and consistency with the SIETAR Europa values
- Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing others’ content
- Optimizing content for search engines (SEO) and lead generation (optional)
- Very good writing and editing skills
- Interest in providing regular content for the new platform – we are open to your suggestions!
- A passion for the intercultural field and a good understanding of SIETAR Europa’s values
- Familiarity with WordPress or a desire to learn as well as SEO skills are welcomed
What we offer you
- A fun, international team to work with
- Opportunity to start up the new SIETAR Europa platform and to make an impact within SIETAR and the intercultural field
- Great opportunities to connect with, share with and learn from the SIETAR community and beyond
- Please note that this position is an unpaid volunteering opportunity
If you’re interested in one of the positions and in becoming part of the platform team, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org sending your CV and writing a short paragraph about your motivation until 31 August 2021. Please also mention your availability and when you would be able to start in this email.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us in case you have any questions.