You would like to be a facilitator of a
Pre- or Post-congress Workshop?
Make sure to read the submission guidelines.
All proposals (except Film Festival) must be submitted via the online submission system. Click here to access the online submission system (please don’t send them by email). You will need to fill in and attach a pre-designed template, which you can download here:
Pre-congress workshops are full- or half-day seminars offered prior to the formal commencement of the congress (SIETAR Europa Congress officially starts on May 30th 2019; Pre-congress Workshops will take place from the 27th to the 29th of May 2019 and Post-congress Workshops on the 2nd of June 2019).
Pre- and Post-congress Workshops typically include new methodologies and tools for the intercultural field shared in a participatory and interactive format.
Please note, these workshops are NOT included in the SIETAR Europa Congress fees. Participants register and pay for these workshops separately and in addition to the main congress. Any financial profit from these workshops is to be shared between SIETAR Europa and the presenter (after deduction of space and equipment cost) on a 50/50 basis.
SIETAR Europa will support the advertisement of your workshop as part of our congress. However, the main responsibility for coordinating the advertisement will fall on the applicants.
Please follow these additional submission guidelines:
Each proposal must consist of a single .pdf-document written in English, not longer than four pages, which contains the following information:
- The title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying its goals and motivation.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
- A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest, the workshop audience, as well as the expected number of participants.
- A brief description (draft outline) of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix of events and activities such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, hacking sessions, or general discussion slots, and an approximate timeline.
- An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day or full-day event.
- An indication of whether the workshop provides any certificate and provide details of the certificate.
- Related workshops and conferences, i.e. specify if this is the continuation of a workshop series or is a new workshop to address an emerging issue. Please provide information about past versions of this workshop and other related workshops (including URLs and submission / acceptance counts, if available).
- Names and contact information of the workshop organizers/chair(s) (name, affiliation, email address, homepage and short (one paragraph) biography of each chair, explaining the chair’s expertise for the workshop including past experience in organizing / facilitating workshops). Preferably provide a single contact person per submission.
We look forward to hearing from you with your innovative and high energy training ideas!
If you have any other queries, please send them to email@example.com specifying ”QUERY” and your name in the email subject. The Congress Committee will get back to you as soon as possible.
Dates and deadline:
- The Pre-congress Workshops take place between the 27th and 29th of May 2019, Post-congress workshops take place on the 2nd of June 2019.
- Entries are welcome until the 15th of November 2018.
- Notice of acceptance is given by the 15th of December 2018.